I get the majority of my really good ideas at the gym. And last night as I worked off birthday cake on the elliptical machine, I had another one.
As I now embark on my last year in my 20s, I thought it was appropriate to make a list of things I want to do before next year's birthday. Basically it's a list of things to do before I "kick the 20-something bucket."
I had some criteria in developing the list:
- Had to be things that are achievable (not too lofty)
- Could not cost too much money to fulfill
- Must primarily include things I've never done before
- Combo of serious and non-serious things
Without further ado...here we go!
The List by Jess:
- Make some amends with my mom
- Wear a bikini in public
- Go out on at least two dates
- Make out with at least three guys
- Take at least 2 yoga and Pilates classes each
- Do something totally selfless
- Take a disco dancing class
- Give $100 to charity
- Take cooking lessons
- Make a gourmet meal for my closest friends
- Run a 5k
- Go to at least 12 new restaurants (no duplicates)
- Read 10 books
- Go skinny dipping
First off, yes I have made out with a guy before and gone on dates, like I said, there are things I've already done on here. But dating hasn't been a real priority for a long time so it's time to challenge myself to get out there. Same with volunteering and donating to charity - I have done this before but as a single-income in the city, this hasn't been a priority either so it's time to give back finally.
So the goal of this list is to give a me a range of new experiences (and some not) and to help me to become a better person as I embark on a new decade. I'm not saying everything will make me better but if nothing else, I'll learn something from it. And in one year, I'll be back writing about what I've learned from my year of new things.
Time for birthday cake and research for tomorrow's post. What do you guys think about "the list?"