What I'm looking forward to:
- Jackets! Well not like winter jackets, more like my cute, cotton/corduroy ones that look awesome with pants and a scarf. I bought one a gorgeous navy one at J.Crew and I can't wait to wear it
- College football - this has technically gotten started but I've been a late-season adapter. Go Badgers!
- Michigan Avenue tree lighting - happens in November and I will have to be dead in order to keep me away from it. I LOVE the lighting of Michigan Avenue. I am a serious attendee
- Leaves changing color - I don't see this a lot in Chicago but when I go home, I love to drive along the tree-lined streets and look at the leaves
- Wisconsin vs. Minnesota football game - I just said I love football but this game is penned in on my calendar every year. They are huge rivals and play for the Paul Bunyon axe. Trust me, when that games end and the teams run for it, it's very exciting
- The "changing of the bags" - yes it's time to retire the summer bags (see you in spring Longchamp!) and bring out the fall/winter ones (hello Kenneth Cole!)
- TV is back!! This is just around the corner and I cannot wait. My DVR has had it too easy for too long, time to get her fired up and back on schedule
- Ugg boots - I cannot wait to bring the ladies out to meet Speedy and my winter bags again. It's funny but I actually have a "theme song" that I play when they come down. I usually pick between "These Boots are Made for Walkin'" or "Big Pimpin.'" I don't know why I chose the latter
- Cool chill in the air - I love walking when the air is cool and crisp. You can actually smell fall coming. For real. Plus it's great sleeping weather, turn the heated mattress pad on and I'm out!
What I'm not looking forward to:
- Never seeing the sun - seriously, I wake up, it's dark and I leave work and it's dark, sad
- Raking - somehow I get roped into this when I go home and I hate it. Stupid leaves and wind
- Snow - it's inevitable and in the city it sucks
- Colds - I always get one and last year's cold kept me sick for over a month and home from work for over three days. No thanks
Fortunately the positives of fall outweigh the negative ones so bring on the change of seasons!
Also - by popular demand, here is a picture of my adorable Bubbles. Look at that face, precious. And posing like a sassy little b*tch. Love her.