Now that it's Sunday and another week is upon us, I'll share with you some things that I learned this weekend.
- Be careful while opening a bottle of beer when tipsy. The opener can slip and you can cut yourself. I did that
- Always surround yourself with friends who have dumb luck. My friend Sarah found $40 on the street this weekend, I found a quarter
- Rock Band is a fun but humbling experience. It reminded me of two things: I am tone deaf and absolutely uncoordinated. It took me three times on drums to make it through a full song, although I do feel my Bon Jovi solo was pretty good
- It is still flattering when people at the grocery store ask to see your ID when buying alcohol
- Make the cab driver repeat your location back to you so they don't miss your street
- Just because your college football team is winning, anything can happen in the last 20 seconds of the game (I hate you Michigan)
- It's tacky to talk smack about someone when they're standing right next to you. That's just rude - man up and confront them
- It might be painful, but sometimes you have to be nice to someone, even if they're rude to you
- Doing laundry at 1:30 a.m. sounds like a good idea - until you have to stay up to finish it
- Being sober around drunk people is not fun, it's obnoxious
- A wine/beer headache can still be there when you wake up the next day
- Road rage comes back pretty quickly, even if you don't drive on a regular basis
- The right pair of jeans (here's what I'm loving lately) can give you a huge confidence boost and make your hips shake a little like Shakira
- Putting food in front of a friend's face and saying "eat it!" can actually get them to, well eat what you want them to
So those are my lessons from this weekend. It was a flurry of activity.
Any words of wisdom that you would like to share from your weekends? I hope everyone had a good one!