Friday, July 24, 2009

Talkin' about love

That's right, today I'm talking about love. And dishing my thoughts and advice on it. I know, I'm so unqualified for it, but it's for a good reason.

My Vegas/Chicago/blog buddy Renee is getting marwied (said in Princess Bride tone) in a few short weeks and several of us are throwing her a virtual bridal shower.

Which means I get to impart to Renee on this blog two things: my congratulations and some love/wedding-related thoughts.

So I thought I would post about what NOT to have at your wedding, staying on the Princess Bride theme. Because really, that is the best example of how not to have your wedding, minus the castle.

Here we go:
  1. Make sure you marry someone you love (no brainer, although that prince title is attractive) and that that person isn't trying to torture your true love to death (the forest is very scary)
  2. Have an officiant who can speak proper English (marwiage is what bwings us togewher today - hilarious)
  3. No dueling at the reception (although it can be very hot)
  4. Do not get married under the pressure that your true love will be storming the castle with his merry me to save you (that is so much pressure)
  5. Have an awesome dress (I'm sure this is already secured!)
  6. Ride off into the sunset with one helluva kiss
So Renee, I'm sorry I don't have the best marriage-related advice or experience but I did want to put together something silly and sweet for you.

I'm so happy for you and Joe and I wish you all the best in the future. I cannot wait to see pictures of the wedding and hear all about it from Erin and Rachel.

Oh and keep an eye on the groomsmen's grabby hands. Seriously. Note to them: Ask me before pinching my butt. I am a lady and buying me a Miller Lite from the bar is not a free pass for those hands. And just because I'm in a dress and you're in a tux, that does not mean we're automatically hooking up, even if that suit does make you look better in beer goggles. Kthanxbye!

14 comments:

Kyla Roma said...

Aw, I love the direction you took this- too cute! Happy Wedding, Renee!

Mandy said...

Haha, great advice.

Happy Wedding Renee!

Anonymous said...

Love the Princess Bride theme you have going on here. Fabulous, dahling=)

And amen to the groomsmen discussion. My oh my, can they be handsy at the most inappropriate times!

cmay said...

oh shoot, we were totally going to have dueling at the reception! fine, we'll think of something else...

Erin said...

This is great Jessica! I love the Princess Bride theme. :)

Belle Renee said...

I announced my engagement with a blog post entitled "Mawage is what bwings us togeder todaaaay." It's nice to see The Princess Bride references have come full circle!
Thank you, Jessica, for going out of your way to post this. It means the world to me.
Also, I WILL be attending your Gap party -- I get off work at 2 that day!

Doniree said...

wuv. TWUE WUV.

Cheryl said...

AH, the wisdom of Princess Bride once again. Miller Lite?! The should at least try for a Peroni...

Ali said...

Ha! Great advice.

Andhari said...

I like reading all these virtual showers in the blogosphere, everyone comes up with such good advices!:)

ceecee said...

What great advice you gave her :) This shall suit me as well, seeing that I'm engaged and plan to get married two years from now...

Pam said...

Oh how I love the Princess Bride! Great advice! But you forgot one thing—beware the six-fingered man. Bet he's one grabby guy.

Micah loves Pearl Necklace said...

I look forward to reading your blog, because they are always full of information that I can put to use.

Anonymous said...

This is really interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.
I've joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your fantastic post. Also, I have shared your site in my social networks!

Here is my blog cash advancer