So while I'm preparing for another day off of work, here are some key learnings.
- If someone asks you what you think of their mustache. Answer honestly, they did ask for your opinion
- Describing a dress color as "turd-like" near a salesperson is not a good idea
- Laying on the couch, watching TV and reading until noon should be a daily requirement
- It's okay to whisper, "mama loves you, come back to me" to your laptop before leaving it with the Genius Bar for minor repairs
- Shopping for wine glasses can be very confusing/time consuming. They all look alike!
- Popcorn + soda = good, but popcorn + soda + more popcorn + beer = tummy ache
- Don't remind your single friends that they're "alone" on Valentine's Day. Thanks, we got the memo
- The Oscar award is heavy, but a good bicep workout
- The weather really can go from 60 degrees to snow in one week. Thanks global warming!
- Unfortunately, little cleaning elves that will clean your apartment while you sleep and disappear in morning do not exist. Darn.
- Hearing someone say, "I like spending time with you," is always a nice warm fuzzy moment
Suck it Valentine's Day
I know it's dumb, but Valentine's Day is a buzzkill for me because it reminds me that I'm single, not that there's anything wrong with that. And for some reason, this year, I was extra down about it. But fortunately I was off Friday and avoided watching the cavalcade of flowers come in the office. Yes, that's never fun to watch either.
But this year, dad came to the rescue again, sending me a lovely card, saying how much he enjoys spending time with me and how proud he is of me. Yes, I teared up while reading it. It's always nice to hear someone say that about you.
Then the real surprise came on Saturday when I was getting ready to go out and I got a call that there was a FLOWER DELIVERY for me. For me! I ran downstairs and found that dad sent me the most beautiful arrangement with pink tulips. He is the best.
Dad says he will recognize Valentine's Day for me until I have a nice guy who will take his place. Man does not know that he will be paying out for this holiday for the rest of his life :)
You like me, you really like me!
We are one week away from the Oscars and this week I have to finalize my picks and opt into my work Oscar pool. Feeling good about the latter.
But before the big event, I was greeted by a traveling Oscar exhibit at Nordstrom on Saturday. For free, you could have your picture taken with a real Oscar replica (yes it's heavy) and see Clark Gable's original Oscar from 1934.
I wanted to bask in the moment of holding an Oscar replica and thank my family, but you were quickly ushered in and out, so that was short-lived, but here are some pictures from the exhibit. My Oscar photo isn't available online yet, but I will post it soon!
Two final quick notes:
- I included a badge on my sidebar for the Everyday Adventure's blog network on Facebook. If you're on Facebook and want to join my network, that would be awesome! Let's network and connect
- Don't forget to enter my balanced living giveaway, last day to enter is Wednesday!
How was everyone else's weekend? Am I the only one who has tomorrow off?