Here are the things I'm scared of:
- Mice - My stepmom and I have the same reaction when we see mice, we scream and run for high ground. Until mice start climbing stairs, I will find refuge from them on another floor
- Pigeons - Especially city pigeons. I've said this before, but they scare the crap out of me. When they come uncomfortably close to me, I scream like a girl and hide behind the person walking next to me. Yes, I look crazy
- Bees - Speaking of crazy, I also look crazy when these little bastards come around. I will do the absolute wrong thing and swat at them, squealing like a baby and running away. It's amazing I've haven't been stung more
- Grates - I'm terrified of catching a heel in a grate (like JLo in Wedding Planner) or it breaking while I walk over one. I never walk over them if I can help it. When it bounces, it makes me very nervous.
- Sharks - Thanks to Jaws, I'm terrified of any body of water, including a bathtub and swimming pool. Showers so far have proven to be safe
- Bats - In Minnesota, I woke up one morning with a bat flying around my room. I won't lie, I thought I would die of rabies. I wasn't bitten by it but still, it still haunts me
- Unattended dogs - I don't care how well behaved they are, if I see a dog leashless or unattended, I panic mildly, thinking it will tear off my face. Most times dogs are very well behaved in the city, but there are a few with negligent owners who ruin this
So what I have learned from this list? I am a total sissy. S-I-S-S-Y.
What are you afraid of? I can't be alone in some of these fears.