Happy Sunday everyone! I am super excited because we had two consecutive days of no rain in Chicago. It makes me forget about running to the cab in a downpour on Friday.
And this is my last full week of work before I begin taking the insane amount of vacation time I've hoarded. Yes, that was not a good idea, but hey, let's hit the key learnings!
- "You can dress it up and slap a designer label on it, but it's still a fanny pack," you're right Cheryl, fanny packs are just wrong. Too bad we see so many of them downtown in summer
- Do not watch TV shows about home break ins at night when you are...home alone
- When random guys (including Frenchmen) hit on my friends, I get free things like drinks and food by association. Woo!
- Raspberry vodka is much better than pineapple vodka, especially on an empty stomach
- Putting a fried egg on just about any piece of food makes it better
- Crack is whack. Remember that when you bend over while wearing low-rise jeans
- Not collapsing a stroller on the bus is more obnoxious than tourists downtown
- I hate paying taxes and the smell of cigarette smoke, more than anything
- It's still satisfying to hear your parent's say "you were right"
- There is someone else who is actually deader inside than me
Hot men doing battle
I must be going into heat because right now, watching action movies on the weekend gets me all flustered. I just imagine they're fighting over me. Boys, there's plenty of me to go around, stop! Chris Pine, Hugh Jackman, let's all get along.
As a follow up to the Star Trek hotness from last weekend, my newly retired bloggy friend Cheryl and I went to see Wolverine today and my man Hugh Jackman didn't disappoint.
There was even a sequence of him running nude. HELLO! I think my heart stopped for a minute. I had several minutes of quick flashes of his butt and lower torso. I almost blacked out from joy from the image too. Fortunately, I was fine, but him resuscitating me would have been helpful.
But since hot men don't travel alone, he had his merry cast of hot to semi-hot male back-ups, including Ryan Reynolds (whose "gun show" had major fire power, Scarlett you're so lucky) and Taylor Kistch from Friday Night Lights. Riggins! He's not as boozed up and man-whorey dirty in this movie, but still, I'd roll around in the dirt with him. Oh and of course, Liev Schreiber, who is still nice to look at, minus the mutton chops. Chops are meant to be eaten, not grow like a rash on your face.
I can't lie, there were some hammy parts and painfully obvious CGI, but it was good, mindless fun. And as the weather continues to get nice, I'll quote my friend Teresa who said, "I don't like to see movies that make me think." Right now, I concur.
Did everyone else have a great weekend?
Reader note: For everyone asking about Project Runway on Lifetime, it doesn't start until August 20 :( I thought it was supposed to start in June! Well I guess Top Chef Masters will have to do in the meantime.