So while I'm mentally delaying the start of another week, let's hit the key learnings.
- I hate the sound of car horns honking. HATE it
- The two of the most distinctive sounds are: glass shattering and someone's car being hit (people sure don't like that)
- Netflix needs to start sending me happier movies. My latest selections: The Reader, The Wrestler, Rachel Getting Married and Doubt. Geez
- Mussels and fried eggs are my new favorite foods, along with gnocchi
- A beer headache is not a good way to start a Friday, especially when you have work to do
- Adjusting yourself in public is never appropriate or appreciated by women
- I am obsessed with taking pictures of flowers
- E! producers are serious when they say "no flash photography"
- Muffin tops are out in full force and show no signs of stopping
- Even on a summer-like day, someone will always be outside wearing a down jacket
- I am SO tired of hearing about Swine Flu
- I really like having a Blackberry, which means, I can never go back to life without one
Reality Show Taping
Today I went to the gym and was greeted with a large "NOTICE" sign on the front door.
Swine flu? No, turns out E! was there filming Bill and Giuliana Rancic's new reality show. And the notice was to tell us that by entering the premise, we consented to possibly being filmed. So despite my mismatched outfit, glasses and unwashed hair, I walked in and did my workout, sneaking away to watch some of the filming.
I even took a few photos of the filming (Mission Impossible-style) before I was caught and asked to stop by a swarm of not-so-happy producers. Dude, I'm a blogger, you can't stop me!!
Oh yeah and Saturday night I went to The Publican, rated by Chicago Magazine and TimeOut Chicago as the best new restaurant. And it was a decadence of pork and meat. Sarah and I trekked down to the West Loop to meet Ray for a lovely night out. And somewhere between the chef's selection of three hams, farm roasted chicken, frites with fried egg, and lemon and chocolate gelato, I died and went to heaven. My parents even gave me the third-degree about my dining experience, which means a return trip with them could be in my future. Plus, when you see a restaurant sign with pigs on it, you know it'll be good!
How was everyone else's weekend? Do anything fun? I hope the weather was as nice by you as it was here! We have so earned it!
Reader note: I really enjoyed everyone's comments on the "petite" post from Thursday. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only petite person out there that feels bittersweet about my height. Everyone was great to share their thoughts on this and I very much enjoyed them :)