Happy Sunday and Happy Mother's Day! Well, I've watched the Mother Lover video from last night's SNL far too many times and while it's inappropriate, I can't help but laugh. Let's just hope I don't sing it out loud at work tomorrow.
So let's hit the key learnings before I am moved to sing out loud again.
- Yes, you can be buzzed after only two beers (it's called "that time of the month" + low tolerance. Works every time)
- Going out on Friday night gets to be more difficult at the end of a long week
- Try to be subtle when asking if your friend is dating a guy you think is cute
- Boobs are fun to look at, but not if you're a woman out at the bar. I didn't order a side of boob with my beer
- It's always "beer-thirty" time somewhere
- Kate Gosselin is a cold-hearted b*tch, but damn those kids are cute
- I do not believe for a second that Kirstie Alley gained all that weight from butter
- It's easy to mishear the word "hair straightener" for "strainer." That or I'm going deaf
- Going shopping with friends is a must so you can get a verdict on clothing choices (it is the most honest opinion)
- No matter how many times I do it, eyebrow waxing always hurts. And it never helps when your "girl" tells you it's going to hurt more because you waited too long between visits
- Renter's insurance is a MUST HAVE. Two friends recently shared stories of either being robbed or knowing someone who was robbed, both without renter's insurance. If you don't have it, don't wait!!
Star Trek: The New Generation in Hotness
Oh yes, this weekend my buddy TC and I boldly went where few women have gone before...voluntarily to the new Star Trek movie. And it was ab fab! I even teared up once (I'm a sap).
Yes, we packed into a crowded afternoon showing of the movie and began to watch the Trekkies stream in, while each eyeing which male moviegoer that could become future Mr. Jess and Mr. TC.
One guy's shirt identified him as a "future astronaut" (promising!) while another man had a shirt that said "beam me up Scottie" (ambiguously cosmopolitan!).
So while I'm a huge JJ Abrahms fan (loved Felicity and Alias, and of course, LOST), I won't lie, I mostly went for the eye candy.
Trust me, the USS "Hottie" Enterprise can beam me up any day. I'm ready now! Let me just grab my purse.
I just didn't like that Chris Pine was beat up so much. Hit him below the neck! That's valuable merchandise up there! Oh let's be honest, watching him get ruffed up was hot. And Zachary Quinto had a certain...hidden preppy charm. Talk Vulcan to me baby. I'm listening.
I have nothing to contribute to Star Trek history, storylines or Romulan genealogy, but let me just say this, I like watching attractive men do battle on the screen, so bring it on! Oh and Winona Ryder, I missed you!
How was everyone else's weekend? Did you do anything fun for Mother's Day? Or did you see any good movies this weekend to recommend?