Woo hoo, I'm back! I'm back in Chicago and it feels so good!!
So after my adventure in Vegas, I came back to Chicago, rested my legs for a day and then jumped on another plane, this time to Boston, aka Beantown. And now, I'm finally back in the Midwest to stay. I missed everyone!
And because I'm totally exhausted, digging through 200+ e-mails from work and preparing to get back in my routine, I thought I would recap this trip in a fun bulleted format.
My Boston trip in the numbers:
- Celeb sightings: Zero (I tried to stalk Ben and Jen but no luck!)
- Photos taken: 300+ (I know, I can't believe I took that many too!)
- Times I tripped on cobblestones: 8-10 (one hurt pretty bad)
- Length of my stay: 5 days, 4 nights (turns out the Boston Craigslist Killer struck at our hotel. We didn't know that ahead of time. Still, it was nice!)
- Total miles walked: Too many to count (helped me offset the beer consumption)
- Restaurants visited: 6 (some examples below)
- Times lost in the city: 2 (not bad!)
- Beers consumed by me at Fenway: 4 (fortunately, I didn't say anything inappropriate, but it did result in the below picture)
- Arms sunburned: 2 (both of mine are toasty red. Doh!)
- Gay pride parade run-ins: 1 (it was dad's first one, he was very excited)
- Women seen touching themselves pantless and underwearless on the street: 1 (that image is burned in my brain)
- Fresh seafood dinners: 4 (the lobster roll below was amazing. Like, I died and went to heaven it was so good)
- Pair of seersucker pants with embroidered pot leaves purchased: Zero (but it makes a great picture)
- Children I told to "back off" so I could sit on the duck statue: 4 (they wouldn't share!!!)
So that is a quick little recap of my trip. Photos are in the process of being uploaded to my Flickr page too.
Thank you again to all of my great guest bloggers and everyone for coming and commenting on their posts while I was gone.
Oh and here's a nice little picture of dad and me that was taken on our Harvard tour. I was going for the "bookish-cute" look in my coat and scarf. Thank you JCrew corduroy for keeping me warm!
How was everyone else's weekend? Do anything fun? Or see any good movies?