Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Attack of the ugly hats

So tonight on the 145, I was treated to my very own ugly hat attack - a first for this season. Tonight bus ride home featured two faux pas: the Sanjaya and the puppy.

The Sanjaya came on the bus at Wacker and was rocking a knit hat with ear flaps and yes, a faux hawk of yarn. At first I was rather shocked at what I saw and who thought it was a good idea to wear it. I couldn't stop staring at it on the bus until the next fashion offense came on the bus.

Before I tear into this girl, I should say that she could not have been more than 15 years old...I hope. The first thing that caught my eye was a fleece hat that also covered her ears but also had floppy puppy ears, that kept getting in her face. And of course she had a matching pink Jansport with pigs or a pink check pattern on it, I couldn't see. Wow. Let's hope she's just too young to know better.

On a quick side note, I'm VERY much enjoying the Conan O'Brien show since the writer's strike. I'll even be bold enough to say that it has not been this grassroots funny in years. It reminds me of when my brother and I would watch Conan on tape, before DVR and before he became popular. Keep it up Conan, but definitely bring the writers back, I miss my other shows!

No comments: