Sunday, January 27, 2008

To Wisconsin and back!

It's like Christmas. The SAG Awards are tonight and I can finally bask in the award season that has been thwarted by the writer's strike. Time to relax and enjoy poor fashion choices in the glory of HD. It is a great day.

But before this soothing therapy session, Anne and I pilgrimaged to Wisconsin to see my brother and future sister-in-law about wedding invites. I moreso came along for the ride and moral support, plus I don't get to see Andy often so it was a perfect opportunity to spend some time with him one-on-one. After a lovely lunch of sandwiches, rotisserie chicken (SO good) and potato salad (also yum) from PDQ, a Wisconsin gas station, it was down to business. I'm not disgusted about Sunday brunch coming from the gas station. That food was damn good so bring it on!

Anne was also privy enough to see the full scope of my families quirks. Andy is very similar to me, in tone, sense of humor, manerisms and thinking. Few have seen the full range of how similar members of my family are, but she definitely commented on that as soon as we got into the car. From her vantage point, it appeared as though watching Andy and I talk and interact was like watching me interact with the male version of myself, which I'll take as a good thing. And on the way home, Anne paid me the nicest compliment that I've received in awhile, if Andy can get married, then there is hope for me. Love you Anne.

So during the three-hour car trip, which actually only felt like a half-hour on my passenger side, Anne and I managed to solve serious world problems, get lost only twice (once was my fault, I cannot take full responsibility on the other) and catch up on everything big and small. Plus the wedding invites and save the date cards are set. Definitely a great day and a great weekend.

Now it's back to judging celebrities and getting ready for another week!

No comments: