So tonight's post might seem kind of random but I've seen other blogs talk about this so I figured it was appropriate for me to do so as well.
I'm not always the nicest, happy-go-lucky person but that doesn't mean I don't know and recognize things that I am grateful for. So I've decided to list them below to prove yet again that I'm not a heartless b*tch - I'm just misunderstood :)
Things this Everyday Adventures girl is grateful for:
- My friends
- Parents who love me just as I am (good and bad)
- A job that I like (the majority of the time)
- Good health (knock on wood)
- Full head of hair (even though it has some gray in it)
- A full, nice set of teeth (yay braces!)
- Being able to live and dress myself all on my own (most days)
- Not having a huge student loan to pay off
- Being able to "afford my life," even though some more money wouldn't hurt
- My knitting group (I always look forward to 10 minutes of knitting, dinner and then an hour or more of gossip)
- All ten fingers and toes (even though my center of balance isn't great)
- Being able to successfully manage my way living in Chicago
- Public transportation (CTA) even if it's not the most reliable (cabs are so expensive now)
- Being able to look at life with a glass half-full attitude
- Finding something new and beautiful every day (I know this sounds sappy but it's true)
- Being able to laugh at just about anything
- No credit card debt
- Being brave enough to leave school in Wisconsin and chase a crazy dream to Minnesota to study
- My blosse :) because honestly when I started this, I had no idea of anyone would read it but I'm glad you all do
So that's my list of the really important stuff. I opted to leave off some things that aren't as important as this, like clothes, handbags, etc. They're nice, but definitely not as meaningful. And this isn't a "final" list at all, I'm sure more things will be added to it as time goes on.
Anyone care to share what they're grateful for? It can be anything!