My family isn't very adventurous with food. My dad is the perfect example of this (he's never even had sushi!) We know what we like and we eat it. We don't always go crazy and try new things, even though my stepmom and I are more outgoing than the men.
So at the holidays, we make the same foods every year and I never get tired of it. In fact, I look forward to the traditional fare weeks before I come home.
My holiday food favorites include:
- Fudge (My stepmom's family recipe is so good. It melts in your mouth)
- Homemade "sticky buns" (Another family recipe, full of butter and goodness)
- Taco dip (I made it this year and we use a "secret" ingredient that makes trays of this disappear quickly)
- Ham roll-ups (Simple, ham, green onion and cream cheese. I eat them like chips)
- Caramel apple dip (There is no actual caramel in here, just cream cheese and brown sugar, but it goes perfectly with Granny Smith apples)
- Tenderloin (I don't eat a ton of red meat, but tenderloin is my favorite. I don't know what my dad does to cook or season it, but I cannot get enough of it)
- Stollen - A traditional German cake with dried fruit and candy on the inside. My stepmom literally spends three days making loaves of this for family and friends. I am not a huge fan but appreciate the effort. Oh an absolutely everything is homemade, dough and all
I put some pictures of these tasty delights below for you guys to enjoy.
Fudge (yes, I know it has a poop-like shape, but it's awesome)
Taco Dip (before I pile shredded cheese on top!)
Homemade "sticky buns"
Oh, and now that I have the desire to cook and am loaded up with new bar and kitchen stuff, guess it's time to throw a party. Anyone want to come over?
What are some of your favorite holiday foods that you look forward to? It can be made by you or your family?