Happy March 1st!! And, I'm officially hibernating until spring. We had lake effect snow in Chicago today and instead of half an inch, we're now supposed to get 1-5 inches. So while I'm hiding in my apartment (again,) let's enjoy some key learnings.
- It's okay to eat cupcakes for breakfast...and lunch
- Hearing someone say, "I love weighing myself!" makes me want to hurt them
- A proper response to, "you look bad with glasses," is "you look ugly without them, but at least I have contacts"
- Parents love me. I'm very non-threatening
- It's healthy to have a few people be scared of you, as long as you don't use that for evil
- I do not remember the layout of NYC as much as I used to
- Restaurants that say your entire party be present before seating you, suck
- Sushi + champagne = a fun Friday night
- Shopping for spring clothes when it's winter-like temps outside is not very much fun
- Always have a stockpile of witty comebacks when people ask you why you and your platonic manfriend don't date
- The gym is not a babysitter. That's what malls are for
- Butter makes cookies and any baked good better
Restaurant Week - Part Two:
Last week I posted my recap of my first Restaurant Week adventures, and now, even though it's been extended, below is my recap of the last two restaurants that I visited. Four restaurants in a week, that's more than enough for me!
Le Colonial - Grade: A -
Starter: Steamed Vietnamese ravioli with chicken, crimini mushrooms and rice noodles
Meal: Sauteed jumbo shrimp with asparagus with chili, garlic and spice
Dessert: Mango and raspberry sorbet
The restaurant had a lovely ambiance and decor. I'm not a huge fan of Vietnamese food but I would definitely go back...on a date :)
Coco Pazzo - Grade: B+
Starter: Calamari Fritti
Meal: Spring chicken, grilled rapini, roasted potatoes
Dessert: Flourless chocolate cake with cappuccino ice cream
Overall, it was a great meal. I can see why Jennifer Aniston loves to go there when she's in Chicago. My only complaint was that our waitress did not know what she was doing, so asking for menu recommendations was like talking to a wall.
NYC here I come!
I am super excited because I'm going to NYC next weekend! I have a work event on Monday, but I'm flying out on Saturday to spend time in the Big Apple. I have no idea what I want to do, outside of taking pictures, hitting some cupcake haunts and, well, try not to look too much like a tourist. Oh, I do want to pick up some $5 faux pashmina's from street vendors though. Love them and it's a great, inexpensive way to add pop to an outfit.
Ashley, Maris and I are also working on putting together a little meet up so I can meet some awesome NYC bloggers. If you're free and you fall under this category, let me know!
How was everyone else's weekend? Seriously spring cannot get here fast enough.