Happy Sunday! I'm looking outside my apartment right now to...rain, which is a much different scene from Friday and Saturday when it was gorgeous and sunny in Chicago. But according to the Trib Web site, next weekend will be great too, so while I'm daydreaming of that, let's check out some key learnings.
- If wearing a Snuggie for a bar crawl, a belt and pins in the back make it much more figure flattering
- I am not afraid to verbally declare my love for something. For example: at my friend's birthday party, I yelled out loud, "I f*cking love potato salad!" (I do)
- Bad tasting icing can kill the taste of any cupcake
- Once warm weather hits, the desire to eat ice cream all the time returns
- 70 degrees in April is not the same as 70 degrees in June, don't get too overzealous with the spring clothing
- Searching for condos is time consuming
- Developing an online dating profile is surprising challenging, especially if done late at night
- If your salon offers a complimentary glass of wine, it is rude not to accept it, even if your appointment is at 11 a.m.
- I really hate cleaning the bathroom. Almost as much as I hate cleaning the kitchen
- The Kia commercial with hamsters on a wheel really cracks me up. I can SO relate to those hamsters
This weekend I went to the salon and I so needed it. My hair grows like a tree so I'm in for color/cut every other month and I delayed this visit by two weeks so my hair was dying to be cut off. During the height of poverty, I cut my hair every six months, but I can't do that anymore.
I love the salon I go to in Chicago. I've been faithful to my stylist for three years, and that is a huge accomplishment for me. I think the salon is a place of total relaxation. It helps you unwind from everything and you feel so much better when you leave.
And along with a complimentary glass of wine, my favorite part about the salon is the scalp massage. A good scalp massage is almost as good as a bucket of cash. Well, almost. I've fallen asleep multiple times in the chair while my scalp is being massaged and I feel much more comfortable paying for my service afterward. Maybe that's part of the master salon plan ;)
After the salon, I treated myself to a cupcake at Phoebe's grand opening. Actually, the first 3,000 people got a free cupcake (even better!) from its assorted flavors. The cupcake I received was a salted caramel flavor and it wasn't too bad. I'm a cupcake traditionalist though, I love chocolate and red velvet and don't get too crazy with cupcake flavors. But when it opens next week, I'll be there to sample both.
Here's a picture of my cupcake (not a great photo) and the cute card I received with it.
So I take way too many photos of flowers, but here's a photo I took this weekend to help everyone think spring. When the sun is out, all of my photos turn out 100 percent better.
How was everyone else's weekend? Do anything fun or see any movies? Or was the weather nice by you too?