Happy Easter everyone! I don't know about you all but right now I am in a near Thanksgiving-like coma from all the food today. Seriously, I need to take out my contacts stat in case I just fall asleep.
So before that happens, let's hit the key learnings.
- I may lose my mind if it doesn't get warm in the Midwest soon. I have such cute stuff to wear!
- Getting an Easter basket as an adult is still a nice treat
- Amy Adams is good in just about any movie she is in. Give her an Oscar, please!
- Your dad is a keeper when he holds your purse in public while you take pictures
- It's okay to play tourist in your hometown
- Cupcakes make an acceptable dinner
- If struggling with a clip on a hanger, don't force it to move because it will snap at any moment and cut your finger open (guilty!)
- It's okay to skip wearing a belt to Easter brunch so there is more room for the food indulgence
- Don't walk around your parent's house half-dressed unless you know they're not home or coming upstairs any time soon
- In order to bond with your parents, you do things you normally wouldn't do, like watch hours of the Master's golf tournament or Fox News
- At Easter brunch, don't guzzle down a Bloody Mary on an empty stomach or you will be intoxicated before the meal (again)
On the Easter theme, I woke up this morning (after being rudely woken up at 6 a.m. initially) and found that the Easter bunny visited me!! YAY! I saw basket grass in our house and hoped it was for me, and it was!
Here is a picture of my Easter basket, full of Burt's Bees and chocolate goodies. Now I have more Ghirardelli squares to smuggle into the movies and my favorite lip balm and Burt's products. Thank you bunny!
After the basket reveal, we went to my stepmom's sister's house for brunch, where I binged on homemade cinnamon rolls (amazing!) and found out were were celebrating a family member's birthday, complete with...a Twilight cake! And while indulging, a 12 year old and I talked about Twilight as if we were...kids.
Finally, I went crazy taking pictures this weekend around home. I loaded all of them on my Flickr page if you want to check them out. I went a little nuts taking photos at an indoor farmer's market and around the city. Here are some of my favorites:
Cheese in Wisconsin-familiar shapes
Rose in full bloom (yes I did take this picture)
So how was everyone else's Easter weekend? Did anyone else get an Easter basket or eat way too much candy? What is your favorite Easter candy?
Also, has anyone seen the Peeps contest? The Washington Post does it every year but I found pictures of the finalists on the Tribune site too. Some of them are so clever!
Reader note: Thank you everyone for the great comments on the movie quote post on Thursday. I was laughing the entire day at quotes you all left. And hello to all the new commenters too! I cannot believe I forgot Clueless or Legally Blonde or even Seinfeld. All of those have great quotes too. It was so much fun to read your comments, it made my day!