Moving on, while I pull out the snow boots for tomorrow, let's hit the key learnings.
- When in doubt, grilled cheese or mac and cheese is always a good lunch or dinner food option
- Before deviating from your grocery list, make sure you can handle carrying the extra indulgence (it can be a long walk if you can't)
- You can never eat just a few Swedish Fish, the bag will magically disappear
- Clive Owen is smoking hot
- Just because it's 50 degrees, doesn't mean you should wear flip flops or shorts. It's not that warm
- When a customer says she "needs a minute" to decide on products to buy, don't snort in disgust and dramatically walk away. It's rude b*tch
- Diets don't count on the weekends
- A beer on a Friday night tastes like sweet heaven (just like Chipotle)
- When your bus driver gets road rage, it's okay to hold on for dear life
- Not everyone wears make up on the weekends, don't stare at them for doing so
- Any meal with cheese on it is going to taste good. Same with bacon
- The weather report is a key indicator as to the "need" to shave your legs for the upcoming week
Lately, I've been watching a ton of movies. It's my go-to for stress relief, after the gym and eating my weight in ice cream or candy.
Netflix hasn't been sending me the best selection lately so I've started going to the theater again and hitting up Redbox near my house.
In the last two weekends, I've watched the following movies:
- Slumdog Millionaire
- Pineapple Express
- Marley & Me
- X-Files: I Want to Believe
- I Love You Man
As you can see, I've been busy.
Marley & Me was my big must-see this weekend. I stalked Redbox twice on Friday and finally got it, with tissues ready and everything. I have to say, I'm not a huge pet person, but the tears did flow. Not convulsing sobs but steady tears. And it was nice to see Owen Wilson move away from the man-boy movies.
Oh and thanks to I Love You Man, my new phrase is "totes magoats." So funny. The only movie from this list I don't recommend seeing is X-Files. Bad movie. Disgrace to the TV show.
Speaking of TV, what's up with Gossip Girl going on hiatus until the end of the month? WTF? And the Hills is starting again, which means I can go back to watching Spencer be a d-bag and Stephanie be a doormat. Lucky me.
So I know this post was a little boring, but hey, I had a relaxing weekend so there isn't anything overly juicy to share!
What did everyone else do this weekend? See any good movies or watch some basketball? Or what movies are coming up that you want to see? Discuss!