Please join me on my learning expedition.
- Channeling E.T., Rocky and the Unabomber when dressing for your weekly walk will get you strange looks on the street
- There is no shame in hiding your favorite purse under your coat to protect it from the rain, even if you look ridiculous
- If you can help it, don't come home to a messy apartment after a long day
- Volunteering can actually be fun
- When in doubt a milkshake or chocolate donut will make you feel better
- It's okay to nap before going out to the bars, even if you're in your late 20s
- When it's cold out, fashion doesn't matter. Wear a proper coat and keep the cute outfit on underneath (example, a gold lame, backless dress with a chain back is not appropriate when it's 40 degrees outside)
- Carpenter jeans do still exist and still make your butt and hips look big
- No matter how cold it is, ice cream always tastes good
- The "Sex and the City" movie, even on second watch, wasn't any better than the first time I saw it
- The lack of available champagne at my salon is unacceptable
- Beer hungover is better than wine hungover
- Prowlin' is fun, when there are guys to be on the prowl for
Yes that's right, Cheryl and I went "prowlin'" Saturday night for guys...because I still have to make out with three of them this year.
We got dressed up and went out in Lakeview, but unfortunately I missed the memo that this weekend everyone was going to be out of town. It's like those weekends in college when everyone goes home and you don't and there is no real reason (like a holiday) why everyone is gone. Two unpacked bars, three beers and two vodka tonics later, it was time to call it a night.
Guess we'll have to try prowlin' another time. Watch out guys! I was unsuccessful in my makeout mission now but that will not always be the case.
I completely forgot to mention that I was able to do a mini-bloggy meet-up last week with D from All Things G&D. A Madtown, Wisconsin blogger, we got together for dinner at Grand Luxe Cafe (with a window seat) and had a lovely time chatting. It was so nice to talk Wisconsin, design, blogging, work and shopping. Plus, I introduced her to my "happy place" aka Nordstrom's and its shipping policy to Wisconsin. I cannot wait to meet up with her again and go shopping!
Finally, I finished Twilight today, after going on a marathon reading session this afternoon. I've been delinquent in my reading because of my legwarmer mission, but fortunately reading is back on now! Overall, I liked the book and I'm curious to see what happens in the next installment. Fortunately, it's an easy read, but I thought it definitely got more interesting in the last several chapters of the book. Promise, no spoilers but so far it's good :)
How was everyone else's weekend?