So you may be disappointed to find out that my weekend was actually pretty shenanigan-free. Trust me, I would love to tell you all about some wild bar or cab incident that happened, but because of good behavior and some luck, nothing overly remarkable went on.
Now that didn't stop me from learning more things this weekend from my tame adventures. For your reading enjoyment, I have listed more key learnings below. Believe it or not, there are still some good things to keep in mind.
And away we go!
More key learnings
- Just because you still have your 90s torn jean jacket with NKOTB patches, that doesn't mean you should wear it out to the bars on Saturday night
- Beer + sour cream and onion chips = Good. Beer + sour cream and onion chips + ultra-chocolate cake with chocolate gnosh frosting = serious tummy ache (not good)
- Not everyone at the local election office has a full set of teeth
- Some of the best Friday nights include: sweatpants, magazines, movies and napping on the couch with a down blanket
- The older you get and the more set into a workweek routine you are, the less likely you are to actually "sleep in" on the weekends
- Wearing underwear while out for a run (especially with short-short running attire) is important...and recommended
- You do not have to tip homeless men/women if they shout insults at you. Example, if a homeless person says to me as I walk past, "you're a fat cow," I will not give them money. However, if one says, "I like your purse," or "nice legs," I will actually fish around for some change. Because they're right :)
- You do not have to buy something just because it's on super sale, especially if you're not 100 percent sure you'll wear it
- College band students are just as wild as non-band students. Case in point, the University of Wisconsin's marching band has been indefinitely suspended while the school looks into allegations of hazing, alcohol and sexual misconduct. I'm having an "American Pie" band-camp story flashback
- Alcohol can make someone infinitely more amusing to talk to
- Being told you're beautiful by a nice old man is still flattering, especially if you're sweaty and without make-up or contacts at the time
- Fooling around with your guy or girl in public is fun, but not outside someone's apartment door at 2 a.m. Really, take it inside, where it's equally as fun
Reader Question: Do you guys like this quirky little list? I've been thinking about making it a regular feature but wanted to put the question out there to my blosse.
I mentioned this on Thursday, but last week I was invited to attend a "breakfast for dinner" event hosted by the 3-A-Day of Dairy group (disclaimer: 3-A-Day of Dairy is one of my company's clients). I love breakfast for dinner, case in point, I had cereal for dinner one night last week.
Fortunately, they had a much nicer spread so it was a nice "breakfast buffet" for dinner. And seeing that I'm from Wisconsin, I love anything dairy, especially cheese *salivates*.
My heaven = lots of cheese
I was also really excited to go because Erin from The State I Am In was one of the hosts and as a loyal reader of hers, I could not wait to meet her in person. Plus, the event was held at the Washburne Culinary Institute, where part of Top Chef Chicago was filmed last year, awesome!!
Erin and me
I would like to say that I'm a great chef and that I make a hearty breakfast every morning, but the reality is that as a single, young professional, my usual breakfast consists of a granola bar, which I eat at my desk. So I don't know if I'll ever be Top Chef material, but I did get some ideas for my weekend breakfast spread, which allows for more complex dishes than during the week. And I got to hang out with some more awesome Chicago bloggers, which I love doing too.
How was everyone else's weekend? Any shenanigans to report?