- It's not impolite to over compliment someone on their Lincoln Park mansion, but try not to look like you're casing the place
- A cheese log is always a solid appetizer
- Cleaning sucks, but your house/apartment always looks better when it's done
- Cupcakes make any day better
- Whenever relationships change, it's always a little sad
- Telling people that you're knitting legwarmers always gets a good response
- Being barefoot only feels good on the grass or carpeting
- Don't say you're sorry unless you at least half mean it
- No matter how many times you do it, waxing always hurts (especially on sensitive skin)
- Always take time to "Saturday Night Fever" strut down the street
- Unlined wool pants are itchy
- Clothes you can only hand wash are a dealbreaker
- The best part of opening gifts is watching the recipient's reaction
These are all good things to keep in mind. Especially the strutting down the street. Seriously, shake those hips like Shakira and be sure to give someone the "wink acknowledgement" on the street or point them out so they feel special. It makes someone's day.
Along with these wonderful learnings, two other exciting things happened this weekend - the marathon and cupcakes!
Friday, after my waxing appointment at Nordstrom Spa (where my tech calls me a waxing sissy - it's true), I wandered over to More cupcakes on Delaware for a post-pain treat. Chicago magazine gave it a good write up and bloggy friends have also said good things, so I went in. All I have to say is...wow. The selection wasn't huge but the size of these cupcakes was insane. Here's a picture of the "try more" cupcake, which is chocolate with strawberry icing and chocolate shavings. I looked like a slob trying to eat this, but it was worth it. Divine. Little pricey but since Friday is "treat day," it's worth it :)
Then today was the annual Chicago marathon, which runs literally around my street on the North Side. So since I was trapped, I dragged my butt out there to watch and cheer...with my favorite blueberry muffin of course. I won't lie, it was hotter than h*ll out there but it was really cool to watch everyone run by and in return, clap with encouragement. I got to see some runners dressed in costume (Minnie Mouse and Elvis) and two guys were actually juggling while running. That is talent I'm not remotely capable of. I also went out to cheer on my co-worker Emily, who finished in just over five hours. Congrats Em, you did a great job.
Here are some pictures of the runners. Forgive the bad photo quality - I was shooting directly into the sun!
So tomorrow is Monday and another week begins, did anyone else do something fun/exciting this weekend?