Good lord I cannot believe it's already November. And the weather for this big election week is supposed to be mild in Chicago too. I'm not complaining but the weather is messing with my head because I don't know how to dress on a daily basis. I'm either too warm or cold, as if I'm having a pre-menopausal hot flash or I'm shivering. Help a girl out!
Anyhow, here are my key learnings from this Halloween weekend, boo!
- It's perfectly normal to grab a random golf club in your defense when your apartment is randomly buzzed at 3 a.m., rousing you from a strong sleep
- Watching middle-aged adults, dressed as mice, do cheerleading pyramids is very entertaining
- Just because you can wear a slutty cop outfit on Halloween, doesn't mean you should, or at least stuff your bra ahead of time
- No matter how full you are, there is always room for candy
- Having nearly zero water pressure in your shower can make you exceedingly pissy
- It's mildly embarrassing to have your credit card declined because it is expired, seriously, check that before you leave the house
- After you've been friends with someone for several years, it's inevitable that you will start dressing a like (twinsies!)
- There is nothing better than the feeling of accomplishing something new all on your own, or with you dad on speaker phone to guide you with the pliers
- Everyone looks more attractive in mood lighting, even your girlfriends
- Heterosexual girl crushes are totally acceptable and are not creepy. But they're kind of fun
- Working out is a great way to relax, but not when it's 80 degrees in the gym and you feel like you might pass out
- When a guy is making flirtatious conversation with you on the bus, while looking down at you and eating Corn Nuts, that is not attractive
My print appearance
As some of you may have seen or read about on Twitter last week, two of my tweets were featured in Thursday's local RedEye edition. For those of you outside of Chicago, the RedEye is like a "lite" version of the Chicago Tribune. It's the Miller Lite to the the Tribune's MGD status. The paper recently joined Twitter and it asks local followers to submit tweets to them on various topics.
And after several unsuccessful tries, two of mine were featured in the paper on the same day! Below are some pictures of my super awesome achievement! And because I didn't pick up this specific edition last week, my co-workers were sweet and ran to my desk to tell me the news and then call me "famous" all day. I love these ladies.
So now that you've seen how witty I can be, join the club and follow me on Twitter (in case you don't already). I promise to be as charming in tweet as I am on here. Isn't that reason enough to follow me?
Check me out: @bayjb
How was everyone else's holiday weekend? Several people copied my costume - dressing as a young professional woman on casual Friday.
The parties in my neighborhood were insane on Friday night, people were out all over the streets. The best costume I saw was a box on animal crackers. Very well done, but not easy to watch her walk in.