Last weekend, I did a little window shopping, because I had to get out of my house to have some "alone time."
In Chicago, going to Target is a luxury for those us without a car, so I basked in the beauty of the red bulls-eye at home and decided it was time to post another edition of...things I'm loving and not loving right now.
Plus, I need some reader help on mascara and hair dryers so help a girl out. I would greatly appreciate it :)
Things I'm loving:
- Scarves - Now that it's cool out, I am bringing out my insane scarf collection, which covers nearly the entire rainbow (with a focus in blue, no shock). Last weekend, I picked up this scarf in blue karma from Target and it's perfect. I'm sure a few more will join my collection this winter too
- Bad a** belts - Yet another Target find. I know, it's for teens, but it fits and gives me a sense of danger. It's a nice little statement under your clothes
- Uggs - My friends tease me about them, but they're perfect for fall and standing outside in the cold for the bus. Plus it's a nice little pop of color. I have them in pink and purple and you can spot me coming in a snow storm. Lead on Uggs!
- Down vests - Normally I'm not a "vest" girl, but they work with a nice sweater on a non-bone chilling day. Pair this with a cute scarf (see first bullet), the Uggs (previous bullet), jeans and sweater and you're ready to go!
- Tights - I hate feeling like a smoldering sausage the first time I wear them, but in winter, I love dressing up a skirt with fun tights. The DKNY ink blue ones I got last year are my favorites. I bought some in opaque black and charcoal gray herringbone too
- Cotton leggings - I know I said on Fabulously Broke in the City that they make me look stumpy, but they're comfortable to wear around the house. And the Hue D'Luxe ones make my butt look ridiculous in them. Junk in the trunk!
- Mario Badescu Kera moisturizer - My skin in the winter gets crazy dry so I put this on as an overnight moisturizer and it does the trick
- Arm warmers - It's like leg warmers for your hands and arms! I've seen them on a few blogs but every store in Madison had them. And I have to admit. I want some. Soooo, I dropped more hints to Santa and we'll see if some pop up in my Christmas stocking
- "Trouble is a Friend" by Lenka - I heard this on Grey's last week and literally dove for the computer to download it. Now it's on the iPod and I am diggin' it bigtime. It's not making me "superstar dance" like Rihanna, but I'm groovin'. I can't embed the video (YouTube won't let me!) but the link takes you to it
Things I'm not loving:
- Hair dryers - Mine fell apart last Friday (literally) and for the first time in three years, I had to go buy a new one. But because it's been so long, I don't remember what kind I like. I got a Conair ionic dryer, but I'm not sure if I like it. Any tips?
- Mascara - Oh I do love mascara (it's a must-have), but I'm looking to change up the brand I buy. Normally, I get Maybelline Lash Expansion and now I'm trying Sky-High Curves but I'm still not happy. I'm looking for something that will make my lashes look fuller without getting too clumpy. I'm throwing it out there again, any recommendations?
- Wool - I'm allergic, so lambswool is totally out. I can tolerate merino wool most of the time but in winter, I'm forced to layer up on cotton or my favorite, cashmere (when I can)
- Boots - I want to get a pair of riding boots for fall/winter but I can't find any in my price range. Apparently my legs weren't made for boots because I seem to always look like I have cankles. The hunt is on though
Well that's a pretty good list. And fortunately, the things I love outweigh I don't love.
Next week is a short one (yay!) because of the holiday so I need to be super productive this weekend. This includes the bloggy meet up tomorrow night, Sunday brunch, returning a shower head to Home Depot (which I've been meaning to do for a week) and my ultimate favorite, the Michigan Avenue Lights Festival. I'll have pictures Sunday, along with a full recap.
Oh yeah and there is this movie coming out...I can't remember but I think it's Twilight. Yeah that's it, I guess I'll make time for that too ;)
Anyone else have big weekend plans?