I have a problem keeping my mouth shut and it's gotten me in trouble a few times, especially when it comes to relationships.
Over the holidays, my stepbrother brought another new girl home to meet the family. He says that she's "the one," but when he asked what I thought about her, I had an odd flashback to other, more inappropriate things I've said about friends and family's past significant others. As a disclaimer, alcohol was involved in just about every one of these below moments.
- "Well if you like a horse face, she's great!"
- "Girl looks like Blossom, whoa! No one wants to bang Blossom"
- "She's carries water weight well"
- "Her eyebrows look kind of whorey, and if the eyebrows are whorey... you know what I'm saying"
- "She's nice, but seriously, no one is that nice unless they're on pills"
- "She looks easy, is she just for tonight?"
Turns out, I don't just say this about others, I tend to have inappropriate responses to compliments or declarations of love from guys. Brandy had a similar post over summer and I thought it was also too applicable to me to pass up.
So here are some of my responses to compliments or declarations of love from men:
- "Don't stay here for me, trust me, you'll regret it"
- "If you think I'm pretty, you don't get out a lot"
- "I sure...like you a lot...yeah...I gotta go"
- "I love you too...so are we making out?"
- "How desperate are you?"
- "No I won't go get you a beer/soda/glass of water/or pair of pants to put on"
- "Get back to work"
Yes, when Peter told me he loved me, I believed him and did not respond with a snarky comment, so I'm capable of hearing it, maybe it's just the context in which I hear it needs adjustment.
Maybe there is hope for me in 2009 to think before I speak, especially when wine is involved. And I need to be more supportive of my friends' and family's love interests, but I'm sure deep down some of them were thinking the same thing, I'm just verbalizing what they're afraid of saying. Yeah that's it.
Well, I am super excited that tomorrow is Friday and it's the weekend again. This weekend I want to go see the Sean Penn movie Milk, help celebrate a colleague's birthday and have a few friends over for the Golden Globes on Sunday. I'm sure I'll have my thoughts on who won/lost and what everyone wore on Monday.
Big weekend plans from anyone else?
Reader note: Thank you everyone for sharing your candy addictions. There were some very interesting comments with some choices I didn't even think of! I'm sorry I didn't include a link to Frango, thank you to everyone who explained what they are. There is a Frango page on Wikipedia too!