Last week was absolutely crazy and because it was my first week back from vacation, let's just say getting back in the groove was tougher than I imagined.
But it's Sunday now and we have about seven inches of snow on the ground so while I'm watching the Golden Globes, let's recap with some key learnings.
- Beer makes any bad day better. And two beers make any bad day not exist anymore
- Hearing your neighbor have loud sex can be a distraction while reading
- People who don't shovel their sidewalk should be kicked in the nuts
- Walking through a snowstorm can be soothing and exhausting when you finally stop
- There is no ladylike way to stop yourself from falling in the snow
- Snowblowing and setting off a car alarm outside my bedroom window at 8 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday mornings makes you a d-bag
- Putting away holiday decorations is not as much fun as putting them up
- Wearing a T-shirt that says "I love hot moms" in your dating profile automatically eliminates you. Also guys who say they like "easy women" will also get you eliminated
- Sometimes, Saturday night dance parties in your apartment are necessary
- Gelato in a snowstorm is always a good idea
- Replaying old mix CDs is a great way to relive awkward and poignant times as a teenager
- Men who leer at women at the gym with their mouths open are creepy
Vote for me!
Also, if you're a member of the 20sb community, go vote for me for the Last Chance Award. Voting closes on January 19, you can vote every 24 hours. Help me bring home some bacon for this blog! Click here to vote!
More f*cking snow
I love snow, hi, I've lived in the Midwest my entire life. But after being pounded with snow in Wisconsin over Christmas, I was ready for a dry remainder of winter. WRONG. Friday night we got more snow, around six to seven inches. And while it was light and pretty and actually kind of fun to walk in, here are some pictures of what it's left behind. Oh yeah and the rumor is we're getting more snow Monday night. Woo!
Thursday post clarification:
Finally, I did forget to include in Thursday's post what I said to my stepbrother about his girlfriend. After reflecting on my more inappropriate comments, I told him that if she made him happy, then I was happy for him. And to clarify, the things I said in Thursday's post, I didn't say those things to him, it was a list of comments I've said to other friends, etc. over the years.
How was everyone else's weekend?