So to help delay me from doing something productive, let's bask in some key learnings together.
- Friday fish fries are the perfect way to close a long week
- Tequila served out of a plastic test tube will make you feel like throwing up
- Beer tastes good but can give you a wicked headache the next day (not good)
- When smuggling in candy to a movie theater, avoid food that makes too much noise when opening it so you don't draw attention to yourself
- There are some ugly fur coats on Michigan Avenue
- Grocery shopping when hungry is a bad idea
- Don't sit next to the man rocking back and forth in his seat on the bus, you never know what he'll do next
- Even if a guy says, "This may not come out right but I mean it as a compliment," whatever he says next will be mean
- Telling a woman she's wearing a "grandma sweater" is not a good conversation starter, same with telling her friend that she looks like a lesbian cartoon character
- Beer + good 80s music = dance party in public. I love 80s music
- On bitter cold days, CTA bus tracker (which calculates when bus routes will be at your stop) is a godsend
- Friday Night Lights on NBC is one of the best shows on TV. Everyone should watch it and bask in the hotness of Coach Taylor. Meow
Hot man/bus fail
It has been a long time since I saw a guy who was so attractive that I literally couldn't look away. Sure, there are celebs that I think are very attractive, but not in a sense that when you see them, you can't help but stare at them (in a non-creepy way.) The last time I had that feeling was with a guy in Minnesota...which was....several years ago.
I found myself in a "non-creepy stare" situation on Saturday while I was on my way to see Slumdog Millionaire (great movie). I was sitting on the bus, listening to my iPod, when I looked over and saw a guy, maybe around my age, standing near the back exit. And I have to say, he was the most attractive man I've seen in a while. Like, I could not take my eyes off of him because seeing him sparked a little flutter in my chest. Now I wasn't staring at him like a piece of raw meat, but I dare to say, he was semi-tall, dark and handsome.
And in true me fashion, I didn't take a picture (don't have a camera on my work BB) and while trying to tweet/stare at him, he suddenly jumped off the bus near Tiffany's (is that a sign?) and disappeared in the crowd. I actually thought for a moment that I made him up.
So while it was disappointing and a half-fail that I didn't get to wave or say something to him, I have to say that the reminder that a guy can cause the long-thought-dead flutter in my chest to reappear, is a start. And right now, I'll take what I can get.
En route to the movie, I saw the biggest icicle that I've ever seen and, of course, was compelled to take a picture of it. Enjoy!
How was everyone else's weekend. See any good movies or did everyone hibernate because it's "warmer" but not actually warm?