Thursday, March 27, 2008

Big scary me

Tonight an older woman who emigrated from the Soviet Union (during the "not-so-fun" time) told me that she is afraid of me. And it made me feel like a total bitch.

Since I've moved in to the condo that I rent, I've had an issue with the woman who lives above me, specifically the television on at all hours of the day and night - loudly. So after some complaints to the condo board we end up at a noise complaint hearing, which I was not looking forward to. While I can present a good case, I'm not the best at confrontation.

The meeting started out fine until Natasha (who I will refer to this woman as) came down with her Russian sister-in-law and started in on me and the board. Rambling on...and on...and on...and on. And while I was trying to pay attention and our audience started gathering, I somehow ended up with three old women ganging up on me, telling me that this was my fault and I didn't know what I was talking about. After a lot of chasing around and me wishing that I could have a cigarette (I don't smoke) or drink, we came to some kind of a negotiation, even though I still felt like I got the short-end of the stick.

So when the head of the condo board asked Natasha a question about me, she said that she is afraid of me - a petite girl from Wisconsin. Apparently I'm worse than the Cold War and communist Russia. That actually scares me a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Consult with Moose and Squirrel they know this Natasha