Tuesday, March 25, 2008

What to do when you see a co-worker naked at the gym

First - don't panic

Second - only make eye contact...no matter what

I go to a gym near my office, where I'm fortunate enough to have a corporate discount. So from time-to-time, I go into the gym after work and without paying attention, walk into a row of lockers and I'm greeted with the sight of a woman I work with who is buck naked getting ready to work out.

Now it would be rude to gasp and walk away so if I've committed to the row of lockers with my naked co-worker, I tend to offer a smile (so it's not awkward) and do not engage in conversation. Sometimes, if I know the person well, we'll engage in small talk while keeping our backs to one another (like in gym class), otherwise we do not acknowledge each other at all and play dumb.

Of course it's a little odd the next day, when I run into them in the lobby while getting water or in the kitchen because I can't help but think, "huh, I saw her naked yesterday, " and then go on with my day. As I said, this doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's always an interesting experience.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't imagine running into a coworker naked. I think I'd giggle, or scream about my burning eyes. It would definitely be awkward at the office the next day.

Bayjb said...

Yes Jenn - there are images from the women's locker room that are even non-coworker related that burn my eyes.

Unknown said...

Reason number 3,0001 why I don't belong to a gym.

Anonymous said...

Is she hot?