Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Don't be a 135 hater, be a gym quitter instead

So yesterday while riding on the 135 to work, we encountered an unusually disgruntled woman around the Belmont stop. I'll set the scene for you: it's about 8:20 a.m., the bus is jammed as always and people are starting to get finicky because it's the realization that we will all not be in to work on time today...again. So we stop at Belmont and per usual the driver asks us to move back, but we can't because there is no room (where would you like us to go honey?). So we move through the Belmont stop and onto the LSD on ramp, where we slow down because of all the traffic merging at that light.

So while we're waiting, a woman runs up the bus out of no where (for those who don't know, there is not a stop near the on-ramp) and begins knocking on the bus to see if she can get on. I shake my head at her through the window because it's not going to happen and I know that, and she continues to bang on the bus harder, thinking this will just cause the driver to get annoyed and stop to let her on. But fortunately my bus driver did not, she shook her head and continued on to LSD, which caused the woman to begin screaming obscenities and give the woman her stubby middle finger, which was covered by a black glove. I couldn't help but laugh at this because I have also chased a bus at a non-stop, hoping they would let me on and I have been denied (although I never reacted that way).

But somehow, hearing this woman scream "f*ck you, f*ck you," while giving her the finger was just too amusing and I laughed, before having a flashback to the woman who nearly kicked my ass this summer near the CVS on Broadway, who shouted the same thing to me and gave me the finger as well.

Also - These post-New Years exercise fanatics need to stop going to the gym. I know they'll start dropping more at the end of the month, but I'm ready for that to happen now! Last night they totally ruined my workout because I could not get on a machine! And the gym doesn't have "courtesy times" established for peak hours. Not cool. Just face it post-New Years workout people, you're going to fail at this resolution and quit going to the gym so stop being selfish and ruining this for the rest of us. You're a quitter and that's okay, no one judges you, but just own up to it and give me my f*cking elliptical machine when I arrive to the gym!

Thank you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Even though I'm a January person, I am also resentful of the January people (because of course "I" won't quit, LOL).
Yesterday in the muscle conditioning class I took, there were 50 people!!!