Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Knitting Girls Gone Wild

I'm in my late twenties and I knit...and not with women who are four times my age, actually it's with women I know and who are *gasp* within my age range! What I love about knitting is that while we do knit (for about 20 minutes) we also talk about anything and everything while enjoying dinner from local take out establishments.

No knitting discussion topics are too big or small, including babies, work, STDs, affairs, office interludes, "adult" toys and/or relationships. In fact, tonight we covered on all of these topics. And, yes we do laugh at the people sharing stories on these topics but it's all in good fun. Tonight, Amanda's beautiful daughter Ada joined us for her first knitting session and proceeded to scream and cry the entire time. Poor thing. Amanda called her attendance the "best birth control prescription" and Cassie was nice enough to break the awkward silence and say that she still wanted her own baby Ada one day, which only prompted Anne and me to say that we didn't, which might be partially true. Fortunately, Auntie Me saved the day on the way home when Ada spit out her pacifier and required my quick work in supplementing it with my pinkie finger while franticially digging for the nook in layers upon layers of clothes.

Another good thing about knitting is that time seems to fly, which is why it's very late and I should be packing my bags for work tomorrow. My fingers are crossed that it won't be painfully cold tomorrow morning, however the weather in Miami is around 75 degrees daily so it's time to shave the legs and pull out the skirts for next week!

No comments: