Saturday, February 23, 2008

All-day adventure

There are so many things to post about that happened today, but I'm going to take the lazy way out because it's 11:51 p.m. on Saturday night and I can barely keep my eyes open (sad I know.) I blame this "older adult" behavior on the fact that my cough from my nasty cold last week has returned and I am wiped out again. Fingers crossed that the meds can still help since the doctor can't/won't.

Today I left my apartment at 11:07 a.m. and returned about 11:30 p.m. And during this period of time, I productively packed in the following adventures: hair cut/color (yay!), trip to the Art Institute during "February Free Days," dinner, movie, drink and then home. Fortunately, I was not alone in these ventures as Liz and Anne were with me and had a good girl "freight," aka "friend date."

The oddest sight of the day had to be the impromptu fireworks that were shot off near the Michigan Avenue bridge around 6:30 p.m. A lot of people on the street stopped to watch this as a) there is nothing big going on in town this weekend, b) the three of us crossed that bridge just about 10 minutes before and no crowd was gathered to watch fireworks and c) there were a lot of fireworks and they were set off very low to the ground. Now I'm checking the Trib online to see what's up. But the crowd response was very unnerving.

So tomorrow is one of my favorite days of the year, Oscar day, and Liz, Anne and I will again be celebrating this most wonderful day. I have pictures from the Art Institute that I will post shortly (yes you can take photos in the museum) of all the nice things we saw there today. The photography exhibit in particular was very intriguing/disturbing. Remind me to share. Until then, the heated mattress pad calls for me!

No comments: