Saturday, February 16, 2008

To Andersonville and back!

It's 10:30 p.m. on a Saturday and sadly, I'm ready for bed. But I fully blame that on all the fresh air that I got today and the fact that I'm still getting over a nasty cold.

I give my brother full credit for getting up at 8 a.m. this morning to feed the meter, only to be pleasently rewarded with a meter-free spot on my street. Yay! After a hearty meal at Ann Sather's on Broadway with Liz, we pilgrimaged to Avenue Tavern to pick up their Save-the-Date cards from Anne, which look amazing! Mine will be prominently displayed on my fridge, even though the date is penned in my calendar and circled several times.

While it was sad that they had to go, I was glad to have some quiet again :) Liz and I spent a nice time reading in silence while trying to stay awake until Ryan called and offered us both a fun Saturday night offer - a trip to Andersonville for dinner at the famous HopLeaf tavern. A nice walk and a trip to the Berwyn Red Line stop and we were there...along with half of northern Chicago. With a 1.5 hour wait for dinner, we opted for Trappist beer (Ryan) and bad Pinot Grigio that tasted like old cheese (me) and then some Japanese food at Hata Mamsu across the street. Now, I'm still readying myself for bed while enjoying Ciao Bella. I love it, and how ironic is it that the enabler is now the victim of her own doing.

No comments: